Excel/attendance sheet

Question
sir,how can we use countif when there is holidays in between the row eg when there is sunday,to leave the cell of Sunday,
     A   B   C   D   E   F   G
name:tue,wed,thu,fri,sat,sun,mon
     P   P   P   P   P       P
=countif(A1:E1............G1?
Please answer me as soon as posible
Thanks

Answer
The question was found in the question pool, but it isn't very clear what it is you need to display - this file http://aidanheritage.byethost3.com/excel/absenceRecorder.xls could be modified to work for you but may be overcomplicated for your purposes - I am more than happy to try to help further but would need the question clarifying.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Aidan Heritage