Excel/Conditional Formatting

Question
Hi Aidan,

I want to use a Conditional Formatting in Detailed_Summary tab, where 'Production Plan (Units) - Revised' cell data is more than 10% greater than the 'Production Plan (Units) - Current'. This should apply to all the PlantLine items and months.

Please note that data is dynamic. It might be more/less based on the MainPivot data.

https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=A1B8470E44E28CE2!148&authkey=!AN6zU6Nl0CJZK70

Answer
If it is safe to assume that the layout of the data is constant with the CURRENT line being 3 lines earlier than the revised then this formula would give you what you need

=AND($C7="Production Plan (Units) - Revised",D7>(D4*1.1))

This was entered in D7 and then format painted to all other rows
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Aidan Heritage