Excel/Converting Test Scores to Age, Grade, and Standard Scores and Percentiles

age and grade equivalents
age and grade equivale  
Hi, Aidan.  I am trying to enter data and make the process as easy as possible.  Do you know how to convert raw scores to standard scores, then those standard scores to a percentile and an age-/grade-level score?  I'll attach an example of the age-/grade-level scores to see if what I am saying makes sense.  The column titles on the top stand for raw test scores in the areas of Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, etc.  My goal would be to be able to enter the raw scores for each test area, and the matching age-equivalent and grade-equivalent appear in a cell.  Thank you for your input in advance!

I think this is going to use a vlookup function BUT I'm having problems seeing the full data from your graphic =-= my age is at fault rather than anything else!  Is it possible to see an example worksheet - my email is which would allow this to come through.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions from 2 onwards. I'm based in the UK, so please allow for time differences when asking me questions from other parts of the world!

My background is in the insurance industry and call centre areas, but have been called upon to provide many varied solutions.

I'm educated to UK A level standard, but as I left school some 30 years ago that is rather irrelevent - university of life has provided more of a background!