Excel/How to erase spaces in a whole column

Hello there, hope you are fine!!
I need to erase spaces between two or more words or between numbers from a whole column. I have tried the find and replace way, and also using the formulas substitute= and replace=, none have worked. Is there any settings to change or any other way.

Hope to hear some answer since i have 3300 cells to work with. Thank you in advance!!!

Hello Kalil,

I understand the frustration and wondered how many spaces (approximately) are in one or more columns.  You can convert the Excel sheet to a Word Table, proceed with a search and replace feature, then reconvert to Excel. Remember Excel spreadsheets and Word Tables are compatible.

Let me know if this works for you.

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Mary A. Lindsey

I can answer Microsoft Excel 2000-2007 questions regarding formatting, styles, shortcut keys, templates, forms, etc, but will not answer any macro questions.

I have over 15 years experience working in corporate America as legal and financial document support specialist. I have designed a template that converts html and Excel files to inserts these numerical data into Word documents so that there will be no document corruption because of file size and graphics that comes as part of HTML and Excel.

I am a Microsoft Office Master Instructor (MOS), Certiport Administrator and Proctor (97-2003)