Excel/Excel conversion

I have an excel file that I had on an old computer that crashed and when I try to put that file into a newer version of excel it won't run without having problems.  The code takes data and saves the data daily and prints out a daily report.  The problem I am having is with one part of accessing the data by a selected date.  I am unable to send the excel file or the data file that it is looking for.  I could send if you need to a corresponding address. I would appreciate any help in this matter.  Thank you.

I can't help without seeing the file(s) - send to me if you can at bobumlas@hotmail.com, use subject of "AllExpertsQ" and repeat the issue.

Check out my book, "This isn't Excel, it's Magic!" on tips & tricks at:

Check out what's been called "the world's most advanced Excel book" at:
See video on my new book here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUZXb9P-3UM&feature=youtu.be

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Bob Umlas

I`m a Microsoft Excel MVP (Most Valuable Professional) and have been since the inception of the program in 1995. I can answer every kind of Excel question except: API, Importing/exporting to other programs (powerpoint, word,...) Also check out my in-person training link at http://www.thumbtack.com/ny/new-york/excel-training/

Worked with MS Excel since version 0.99 (on the Mac!). Was contributing editor to Excellence Magazine, having written >300 articles. John Walkenbach said of me "I finally met someone who knows as much about Excel as I do."

Excellence, The Expert, Microsoft

BA in math, Hofstra University, 1965

Led sessions for the Convergence 2004-2006 seminar on Excel tips & tricks