Excel/Excel date color change

Question
Not really sure how to explain, so I will do my best and hopefully you understand what I am trying to do....

I am creating a workbook in excel to keep track of a "petty cash".  We make donations into this petty cash box and keep track of the money with a spreadsheet.  People are able to pay for a few months at a time.  So I have a "Name" and "Paid Through" cells.  I would like to have them change colors to make it easier for me to see when a persons donation is about to expire.  example.. Joe Smith paid through April 2013.  So i have his name and Apr-13 in the cells.  Is there a way I can have those cells change colors on April 1?  I will have a list of about 25 people all with different dates.  Hopefuly that gave you an idea of what I am trying to do.

Answer
Assuming the Paid Thru cell has a date and is in B1 and today's date is in C1 then use or apply Conditional Formatting to cell B1 and use this conditional formatting formula:

=C1-B1<1

B1 will have its background color change to the color you provide when B1 is within 13 days of today's date.

HTH

Bill
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Bill