Excel/excel doubt

Question
Sir I have excel scenario like the following..kindly let me know the solution.
       column A   
       4.5 lakhs
       2lakhs
       3.2lakhs
I have to change all string value to numeric value.,(i.e 4.5lakhs to 450000)

Answer
This question seems to have been asked by others on the internet - see discussions at http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=excel+text+lakhs+to+number&sourceid=ie7&rls=com - my own method would probably be to use a macro to do it - for each cell that contained the string LAKH remove that string and multiply the value by 1,000,000.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Aidan Heritage