Excel/Excel drop down for entering Time and Date.

Question
Dear sir,

I have some doubt with regards to entering time by using drop down.

Actually i want to know how to create drop down cell for entering Auto time and date instead of using today and now formula.

If would you assist on the above it will reduce my time towards entering time and date.

Please assist me.

Kind Regards
Ravi

Answer
I believe that what you want to do create a drop down list that will have the date selection in it.  To creae a drop down list for a cell first make the cell active, then go to toolbar/data/validation. In the box click settings.  In the allow box choose list.  In the source show the area of your list, for example G1:G5,  then click okay.  Then in the cells of G1: G5 you may put in your list of choices.  You may put in the formulas such as Today() or Now() if you want, or you may put in actual dates and times.  when you activate the cell that houses the drop down list your list will appear and you will be able to pick from one of the choices.

Hope that helps.

Richard

Florida
USA  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Richard Roberts