Excel/Excel Macro to Create Financial Statements

QUESTION: Hello Gulshan,

Would you please help me to create a Macro to prepare Financial Statements from one list of accounts(data). This data will consist of 3 columns: Account number, Description, Amount.

There should be 3 statements: Balance sheet, Income statement, Cash Flows statement.

Thank you,

ANSWER: Hello Dan,

Can you share a format of your input list of accounts and the expected output sheets.

Your question is quite generic. There are tons of different formats of Balance Sheets, Income statement, cash flow statements floating around and also differ by local regulations of different countries. A more specific questions with formats of inputs and outputs expected will help me give a better answer.

QUESTION: Jello Gulshan,

Thank you for your answer.

The format of input list consists of 3 columns: Account number (from 1000 to 9000), Account name(description), amounts in one column positive "+" and negative "-".

You are write- there are many different formats.

I am looking for ones according to IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi Dan,

The information you provided is still not sufficient. I need input data and format, output data expected and the format in an excel file to even start working. I'm a finance professional from India, so you'll agree that it's not reasonable to expect me to be an expert on IFRS formats.
Further, as per my limited knowledge, IFRS is more of a guidelines than hardcoded formats.

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

I can answer questions related to the following topics: 1. MS Excel - Creating and Linking Formulae, Running Pivot Tables, Vlookup etc. 2. Macros / VBA - Creating Macros to do specific jobs. Importing / Exporting / Validating Data in excel through Macros.

I've been working on excel for over 10 years and on VBA macros for over 3 years now.

Bachelor of Commerce, Chartered Accountant from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India