Excel/How to erase spaces in a whole column

Art Schaak wrote at 2013-01-17 19:14:27
Couldn't the TRIM function be used here?  Assuming the data is in cells A1:A3300, put a formula of =TRIM(A1) in cell B1 and then copy it down.

Additionally, you say Find and Replace didn't work.  Did it not work or did it not work completely?  If you have three contiguous spaces and want to get rid of two of them, Find two spaces and Replace with one space will need to be run twice.  The first time the three contiguous spaces will become two.  The second time the two contiguous spaces will become one, which is what you want.  

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Mary A. Lindsey