What Excel function would you use to determine how many cells in a column had a "value" in the cell?

Hi Marty,

Thanks for sending your question on my way :)

For getting the Count of Numeric Data in Column-A

For getting the Count of TEXT Data in Column-A

For getting the Count of BOTH Numeric and TEXT Data in Column-A

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

[Overview] Having hands-on experience with Excel, I can able to answer questions which is related to Conditional Formatting, Goal Seek, Scenarios, Subtotal, Validation, Pivot Table, Shared Workbook, Excel Sheet / Workbook Protection, Excel Settings, Excel Shortcuts and the Two Major & Massive Key Areas of Excel (i.e.) Worksheet Functions and Excel VBA (Macro).

[Services] Volunteer in many of the Excel Discussion Groups / Forums and answered more than 10,000+ questions (approx.)

[Client FAQs] My Solution Files

[Not Interested In] Chart Questions

[Something Controversial]
*50% of answers never been read by the questioner's.
*Only 5% of questioner's provide feedback about the suggested answers.

Vast Experience

Ms-Office, Oracle, Foxpro, C, COBOL etc.,