Excel/macro to encrypt email

Hello Bill,

I have an excel based macro to send emails thru Lotus Notes. I am unable to encrypt the emails using macro. This is a bit urgent so I will be greatful if you can review on priority

Please help.

Thanks & Regards

Below is the part of the code I use:

Set Session = CreateObject("Notes.NotesSession")
   'Open the mail database in notes
   Server = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Generic").Range("G13")
   File = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Generic").Range("G15")
   Gen = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Generic").Range("G11")
   Set Maildb = Session.GETDATABASE(Server, File)
   If Maildb.IsOpen = True Then
         'Already open for mail
    End If
   'Set up the new mail document
   Set MailDoc = Maildb.CREATEDOCUMENT
   MailDoc.Form = "Memo"
   MailDoc.sendto = Recipient
   MailDoc.CopyTo = ccRecipient
   MailDoc.BlindCopyTo = BccRecipient
   MailDoc.Subject = Subject
   MailDoc.Body = BodyText
   MailDoc.DisplayFrom = Gen
   MailDoc.Principal = Gen
   MailDoc.ENCRYPT = "1"
   MailDoc.Importance = "1"
   MailDoc.ReturnRecipiet = "1"

'Set up the embedded object and attachment and attach it
   If Attachment <> "" Then
       Set AttachME = MailDoc.CREATERICHTEXTITEM("Attachment")
       Set EmbedObj = AttachME.EMBEDOBJECT(1454, "", Attachment, "Attachment")
       'MailDoc.CREATERICHTEXTITEM ("Attachment")
   End If
   'Send the document
   MailDoc.PostedDate = Now() 'Gets the mail to appear in the sent items folder
   MailDoc.SEND 0, Recipient
   'Clean Up
   Set Maildb = Nothing
   Set MailDoc = Nothing
   Set AttachME = Nothing
   Set Session = Nothing
   Set EmbedObj = Nothing

You are unable to encrypt because you don't know how to write the code for that or the mail that is sent is not encrypted and thus the code does not encrypt?  I don't know anything about Lotus Notes however.  Try setting the values to 1 and not "1", just as a guess
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

I can provide help with most all EXCEL questions and most all questions about writing EXCEL macros. I have been developing macros for about 10 years in EXCEL and have switched to it from Lotus 1-2-3 after about 10 years of writing macros in it. Typically, I will not write a macro for you unless it is very short because of all the details a macro has to know about to work every time and all the time are rarely provided. If I am not given ALL the details, circumstances, and situations then a "good" macro can not be written. Please understand that I do not know it all and will be the first to say so. As politely as possible, I don't write macros for people on this site who need one, want one, seem to imply that they need one, and/or seem to think I am expected to write one UNLESS they are very short, quick, and simple. 99% of all macros are more involved than what you think and rarely am I provided with enough specific and complete details to have the code work the first time and every time. This typically means too many follow-up emails, and subsequent macro changes due to lack of specific details, just to get those details so that the macro would work, all of which is on my own free time. The voice of experience from responding to many questions from people who ask me to write a macro for them from this site tells me this. I don't mean to come across as unhelpful but macros are usually very specific and without ALL of the specifics the macro I would write will not address all of your needs and the layout, location, formatting, conditions, etc. of your data and any related files the macro would have to work with. What seems like a simple task to you is almost always more involved than what you think to have the macro ALWAYS work in EVERY situation. If you have a macro you have already written and have a question about it then perhaps I could help with that. I am sure and hope you can and do understand.