Excel/numbers

Question
how do you create a set of numbers that repeat over and over again but they are not in numerical order and some cells are meant to be blank?

for ex. if below was a column
2
3
11
(blank space)
6
22
1
97
(blank space)
(blank space)

REPEAT

Answer
Open a blank sheet on Excel, and enter the example you give above (i.e., enter 2 in cell A1, 3 in cell A2, 11 in cell A3, leave cell A4 blank, etc etc.

in cell A11, enter the formula:

=IF(A1="","",A1)

and then copy it down as far as you need. The series of numbers and blanks that you've entered in A1:A10 will be repeated over and over for as far down as you've copied the formula.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Stuart Resnick