Excel/Returning multiple values horizontally

Question
I have a list of companies in column A and the postal districts that they cover in column B. On a second sheet, I have a list of all UK postcode districts. Due to multiple companies covering each postal district I wanted to be able to see which companies cover each district, however a Vlookup only returns one company for each district covered.

Answer
I can think of a number of possible solutions - obviously the simplest is a filter, but that would work for one record at a time which I guess isn't what you wanted!  The next option would be an array filter - an example of this is at http://aidanheritage.byethost3.com/excel/ArrayFilter.xls
My other thought would be to use VBA with a UserDefinedFunction - see http://aidanheritage.byethost3.com/excel/MergeExample.xls for an example of this

I hope that this gives you what you need but do let me know if you want any further help, or need any of this clarifying.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Aidan Heritage