Excel/Running a Macro in excell 2003 without using key stroke

Question
Hello,

I am trying to run a macro from a formula in a cell on a work sheet.  For example.... =IF A29=1????  this is where I get stuck.. (=IF A29=1 then run the Macro to print the worksheet).

I would like to run the macro that I have recorded.  The Macro will print the worksheet.  the hot key for the Macro is Ctrl+q.... if I hit the hot key the macro works.

Thank you

John Lyons

Answer
In the Visual Basic Editor, in the Worksheet object, use the following code:

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
   Dim rng As Range
'procedure is triggered whenever user changes cell A1
   Set rng = Range("a1")
   If Not (Intersect(Target, rng) Is Nothing) Then
'if user has changed cell A1 to 1, printout the sheet
       If rng.Value = 1 Then
         Me.PrintOut
       End If
   End If
End Sub
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Stuart Resnick