Excel/Undo a Calculated Item

Question
Hi Aidan,

The blue color rows (calculated items) in Detailed Pivot Table (Sheet5) is editable. User can edit the value in those cells. Now, the problem is when a user changes the value, they are unable to undo/redo the action. I tried a lot but I guess undo/redo does not support in Pivot table calculated item.

Can you help in suggest me a manual (vba coded) undo/redo feature and logging historical changes. For example when I change the D53 cell value from 2000 to 4000 then it should be tracked somewhere and on clicking on a manual undo feature it should take the old value from the tracked data and vice versa for redo.

Here is the file for your reference. Please let me know if you have any question.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=A1B8470E44E28CE2!143&authkey=!AMVuBrYF2Dix8tQ

Answer
I've not had experience with this sort of table, but you could use the worksheet change event to track changes - I would suggest storing in a known range - the method of storing the old value would be something like the discussion here

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4668410/how-do-i-get-the-old-value-of-a-chang

sorry for the delay in replying - I had problems accessing the skydrive file from my previous location (been away visiting family).
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Aidan Heritage