Excel/Unprotecting dynamic rows in a protected worksheet

Hi Richard,

Need your help in doing the below task using Formula/Macro.

I would like to unprotect the dynamic rows where it contains the word "Production Plan (Units) - Revised" in column B.

As per this example I would like to unprotect the cells C7:H7, C10:H10, C15:H15. I want to unprotect the whole row after the cell contains particular text (i.e. "Production Plan (Units) - Revised" in this case).

Please note that range will be dynamic. Please let me know if you have any question.!144&authkey=!AMmQq1D4vCEcXEo

Sorry to be late-I didn't see your question--I believe you will need a macro to accomplish what you want.  I am not an expert in macro development, so I suggest you reask the question of another allexperts person and I'm sure you can get a good answer.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Richard Roberts

Can assist you in most areas of Excel, have been working with it for about 15 years in many types of applications, but primarily in financial and accounting applications. I am a CPA and many client or client problems have necessitated the use of excel. I am not an expert in charting, macros, or pivot tables.

Have been working with Excel for about 20 years primarily in accounting and financial areas.

BA, Certified Public Accountant