Excel/Unprotecting dynamic rows in a protected worksheet

Hi Aidan,

Need your help in doing the below task using Formula/Macro.

I would like to unprotect the dynamic rows where it contains the word "Production Plan (Units) - Revised" in column B.

As per this example I would like to unprotect the cells C7:H7, C10:H10, C15:H15. I want to unprotect the whole row after the cell contains particular text (i.e. "Production Plan (Units) - Revised" in this case).

Please note that range will be dynamic. Please let me know if you have any question.!144&authkey=!AMmQq1D4vCEcXEo

something like this should do it -

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Target.Column = 2 Then
   If Target.Text = "Production Plan (Units) - Revised" Then
       Range("C" & Target.Row & ":H" & Target.Row).Locked = False
   Range("C" & Target.Row & ":H" & Target.Row).Locked = True

End If
End If
End Sub

I've assumed you want to exactly match production plan (units) - revised so I've done an exact match test.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions from 2 onwards. I'm based in the UK, so please allow for time differences when asking me questions from other parts of the world!

My background is in the insurance industry and call centre areas, but have been called upon to provide many varied solutions.

I'm educated to UK A level standard, but as I left school some 30 years ago that is rather irrelevent - university of life has provided more of a background!