Excel/vlookup query for invoice

Question
""Good morning
I am looking to produce a formula that will enable me to have a cover sheet that will pick up data from numerous other tabs in my worksheet.
My cover sheet is effectively an invoice, the tabs across the bottom are different job numbers.  in each tab i have a list of steel weights for different sections of the job.  i want to be able to have my front sheet pick data from my tabs.
i can send you a copy of this spreadsheet if you want.""

Answer
I'm happy to look at the spreadsheet - which I think is probably essential to determine how you want it to work!  My email is aidan.heritage@virgin.net (question found in question pool indicating the person you originally asked was unable/unwilling to answer the question).
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Aidan Heritage