Excel/Clearing Clipboad

I have Excel 2007
I am using VBA and I copying and pasting the contents of cells from one one workbook to another workbook.
  Workbooks("LOG VIN1900 19C.xls").Activate
         Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
  Workbooks("DATE.XLS").Close SaveChanges:=True

I am getting a request if I want to save the contents of the clipboard prior to closing "Date.xls". I don't want this request every time I do this function and I am finished with that clipboard data.
What is the code I can write to do this.
I had a look in HELP but could not see anything that was useful. Can you help me?

As far as I know Application.DisplayAlerts = False would suppress the message - BUT I would question the need to copy and paste

workbooks("LOG VIN1900 19C.xls").Range("T19:Y36").value=sheets("Whatever").range("Whatever").value

would be the kind of method I would use - see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5163265/disable-clipboard-prompt-in-excel-vba for a full discussion on this.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions from 2 onwards. I'm based in the UK, so please allow for time differences when asking me questions from other parts of the world!

My background is in the insurance industry and call centre areas, but have been called upon to provide many varied solutions.

I'm educated to UK A level standard, but as I left school some 30 years ago that is rather irrelevent - university of life has provided more of a background!