Excel/Copy active worksheet to new workbook

Hi !
I simply want to copy the active worksheet within the active workbook to a sheet named Sheet1 in a new workbook.
Is there any easy vba code for this?
Thanks very much.
- Al

Activesheet.copy   ' copies the activesheet to a new workbook

So when that command executes, the copy of the sheet is placed in a new single sheet workbook.  That new workbook is not the activeworkbook  and the copy of the sheet is now the activesheet.  It will have the same name as the original, so you can rename it to Sheet1.  Here is the whole code

Sub copytoNewWorkbook()
ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet1"
End Sub

Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.