Excel/copying absolute and relative references

Question
hello Stuart:
The extract of a spreasheet below shows the formulas in 12 cells.
The first row is where my problem/question lies. If there were only 3 columns, I would not be writing this query. There are many, many columns, almost 100 columns.
The problem: I want to enter formulas in the first row, following the trend that you see below, in 100 or so columns. At present, the only way I know of is to MANUALLY enter the formulas.

Can you suggest a more efficient way to make the entries, so that it doesn't take forever to fill the cells of the first row?

You can see that once the first row is completed, the following rows can easily be filled by copying.
=($B$3/B3)-1   =($B$4/B3)-1   =($B$5/B3)-1
=($B$3/B4)-1   =($B$4/B4)-1   =($B$5/B4)-1
=($B$3/B5)-1   =($B$4/B5)-1   =($B$5/B5)-1
=($B$3/B6)-1   =($B$4/B6)-1   =($B$5/B6)-1

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks.

Chris

Answer
In cell C3, enter the formula

=OFFSET($B$2,COLUMN(E2)-COLUMN($B2),0) / $B3 - 1

copy this same formula down, and to the right. It will give you results equal to the formulas you show in your question. You may extend the copying as many rows and columns as necessary.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Stuart Resnick