Excel/Count Number of Times

Hello There:

How should i count the number of times entered in an Excel (2010) sheet? E.g. 8:00 AM, 9:00 AM, 7:30 AM, 7:50 AM ... etc.

Thanks, Khyber

If this is simply a count of the entries then the count function will do it.  If you want to summarize the times (so a time may exist multiple times but you only want to count it once) i would suggest using a pivot table to do this (insert ribbon).  If this isn't clear, or doesn't give you what you want, do please ask a follow up question and I'll do my best to expand my answer - if it helps, my direct email is
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions from 2 onwards. I'm based in the UK, so please allow for time differences when asking me questions from other parts of the world!

My background is in the insurance industry and call centre areas, but have been called upon to provide many varied solutions.

I'm educated to UK A level standard, but as I left school some 30 years ago that is rather irrelevent - university of life has provided more of a background!