Excel/excel

Question
QUESTION: A
1  Product Name
2  pen
3  pin
4  gel
5  toy
6
7

sir in A7 when i type 1 it shud display "pen" if i type 2
it shud display "pin" and so on. that means my row number
must start from A2 as row number 1.

thanks bye n take care
Aman

ANSWER: Aman,

You didn't say where you are going to type 1.  So in my formula I assume you will type 1 in cell A1.  Change the A1 to refer to the cell where you will type your 1 or other row number as you call it.

=indirect(Address(A1+1,1))

--
Tom Ogilvy

QUESTION: sir in A7 when i type 1 it shud display pen in B7 and so on.
there was typo mistake

sorry.

Answer
Aman

A typo mistake on my part - not in this case.  You never mentioned cell B7 in your original question.  I assumed by what you stated that you wanted the formula in A7.

B7:  =indirect(Address(A7+1,1))

I am assuming your list of items starts in A2 and goes down to A5.  

So I do the best I can with the information conveyed - unfortunately your statement was not clear to me.  Hopefully this will be the correct answer.  

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy