Excel/excel work book

when i open a excel workbook you get a first page with a graph on it the top line is A to Z etc
the top to bottom is 1 to 100+, below this page is the option to open more pages all the sane format as page one
The first question I have is how do i get the info from page 1, cell A1 to page 2 cell B3
     Question 2  auto number a column No 1,2,3,4 down a column
     question 3 after i have merged a block of cell (9x9) do i get this area to be a word document

I'm not sure I'm following the question, but I'll do my best

in B3 of sheet2, if you type the equals sign and then click onto sheet1 and click a1 you will get a formula that looks like

which gives you the data you wanted in both places

for the second question, if you type 1 in the first cell, 2 in the second you can then select both of these cells and drag down the page to auto-fill.

Third question - if you copy the data and paste into Word it will be a word document - but I'm guessing that isn't what you meant?
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions from 2 onwards. I'm based in the UK, so please allow for time differences when asking me questions from other parts of the world!

My background is in the insurance industry and call centre areas, but have been called upon to provide many varied solutions.

I'm educated to UK A level standard, but as I left school some 30 years ago that is rather irrelevent - university of life has provided more of a background!