Excel/Formula to Organize Data

I have over 4,000 rows of data. Each row has a corresponding row that is exactly one year in the past. For example, the row for 10/22/13 has the corresponding row of 10/23/12. How can I sort the rows so that the row from the current year has the past year's row below it? That way I can do a year over year comparison.

If you use some blank helper columns to turn all dates into dates in the current year, you could then sort on this column

to be doubly safe, have another column for the true year

once done, those two columns can be deleted.  Obviously, replace YourCell with an actual cell reference.

Sorry for the delay in replying - I had started replying in a lunch break at work and was sure I'd finished typing - only just logged onto the site and spotted that wasn't the case.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions from 2 onwards. I'm based in the UK, so please allow for time differences when asking me questions from other parts of the world!

My background is in the insurance industry and call centre areas, but have been called upon to provide many varied solutions.

I'm educated to UK A level standard, but as I left school some 30 years ago that is rather irrelevent - university of life has provided more of a background!