Excel/generate spreadsheets from a list and a template

Question
I have a spreadsheet (A) with a list of projets and some additional data in columns. I also have a template sheet (B) that contains an evaluation grid. The aim is to create for each project (line in the first spreadsheet) an spreadsheet based on the template evaluation grid and filling in the additional data from spreadsheet(A). Is this possible? And how do I go about it?

Answer
Hi ML,

Sure!

What I would do is put a counter in cell A1 on workbook B (or any other convenient cell) and then use a function to fetch information from the other file. Lets assume the sheet containing the data is called "Projects" and you want information from column E, starting from row 2:

=INDEX($A$1,'[A.xls]Projects'!$E$2:$E$1000)

in Dutch Excel:

=INDEX($A$1;'[A.xls]Projects'!$E$2:$E$1000)

To get the next project you just change cell A1 from 1 to 2.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Jan Karel Pieterse