Excel/Print from a list and increment on cell reference

image preview
image preview  
Hi Tom ! How r u ? Please help ! I want a macro to print data from a list. A preview image is attached. I have some data list in column "F" and I prepared my sheet with vlookup formula to respond for the entry in cell "b3". for example if I enter any name in cell b3 it fills all forms fields related to that employee.

what I want is a macro which can be attached to a command button and pick names from the column "F" and print from "A1:D26" and then pick next name and print till the last name and at last give a message "all receipts printed".

Assume the button is an activeX commandbutton

this would be the Click event for you button (so this code goes in the sheet module of the sheet with the commandbutton.  Assume the button is on the same worksheet as the data you want to process.

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Dim r as Range, cell as range
set r = Range("f2",cells(rows.count, "F").End(xlup))
for each cell in r
 range("B3").Value = cell
End Sub

Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.