Excel/problem with spreadsheet

Hi Tom

I am trying to calculate the percentage of students who are in Year 11 and have received a score equal to or more that 12 marks.  However some students have not received a grade from which a score can be calculated.

The students are in column B15:B3000

The calculated scores are in column DG15:DG3000

The grades from which the scores are calculated are in Column E15:E3000

Some students have not received a grade.

The percentage is calculated by dividing by “DC8*100”

I cannot seem to make this formula work:   =IFERROR(COUNTIFS(B15:B3000,"11",DG15:DG3000,">=12",E15:E3000,"<>")/DC8*100,"")

Have you any suggestions?

Chris Mitchell

Christopher Mitchell

If you want to send me a single sheet with at least the three columns you describe and DC8 and indicate which rows would be counted, then I will see if I can provide a formula.

Make sure the cells are exactly as they will be in your regular workbook.  In otherwords, if the cell is empty, then there is nothing in it. If the cell has a formula returning "", then it is not empty (as an example).

Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.