Excel/Reformat the output excel data

Question
excel plate set up
excel plate set up  
I need help in excel to re-format my output data. The experimental set up plate has 16 rows (left to right) and 22 columns (top to bottom), but I had used only 16 rows ( A B,C,……to P) and 6 columns (4,5,6,7,8,9).

My experimental design set up is from top to bottom. That is A4,B4,C4,D4,E4,F4,G4,H4 I4,J4,K4,L4,
M4,N4,O4,P4  to… A9,B9,C9,D9,E9,F9,G9,H9 I9,J9,K9,L9,M9,N9, O9,P9.

But the data generated by the instrument is given in the following order: A4,A5,A6,A7,A8,A9 to  P4,P5,,P6,P7,P8,P9

I looking for a simple way to reformat the output data the way I had set up. i.e. A4,B4,C4,D4,E4,F4,G4,H4 I4,J4,K4,L4, etc.  

The number of columns may vary, but the rows always remain the same for each experiment.

Can a set up sheet be generated wherein the data is pasted and the output is generated in different sheet

Thank you

Sincerely
Arvind

Answer
Arvind,

Sure - that can be done.  However, you have confused me.  Excel labels columns (A, B, ...) and rows are numbers (1,2,. . . )  but you say the opposite (you may be talking about labels you have entered in cells in excel).  So if you could send me a sample workbook with the raw data and then indicate how you want the data to be transformed and remind me that columns are variable (but contiguous I would assume) I can suggest something.  

We might have to go back and forth a couple of times for clarification but this should be doable.

send to  twogilvy@msn.com

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy