Excel/Want to view ruler in print preview

Question
I did not see this question yet anywhere, even though I'm just now getting to using Word 2010.  My problem is, I cannot find a way to view the ruler in print preview.  I used this quite often to get the look just right before printing.  While in print preview before, I would just drag the cell width to where I liked it as well as the margins.

Please tell me they didn't take it away for the 2010 version?

Thanks, Robin

Answer
Robin,

This is an Excel group.  You say Word 2010 but you also talk about cell.  In any event, in either Excel or Word 2010, go to the view tab, then choose Print Layout under the document views.  Then go to the show section under the view tab and make sure Ruler is checked.

Here are some sources of information for excel and word 2010

http://voices.yahoo.com/wheres-doggone-ruler-excel-2010-7866904.html

http://www.gilsmethod.com/how-to-display-the-ruler-in-word-2010

Now as far as print preview, the old print preview is not really available in 2010 from my experience.

--
Tom Ogilvy  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy