Excel/Writing Vlookup formula in VBA

Question
Hello Tom,

I have been working my way through an earlier post of yours (http://en.allexperts.com/q/Excel-1059/2010/4/Writing-Vlookup-formula-VBA.htm) and have been trying to work out how to expand the data table to include now Column E.

I have worked out where I think to code needs to be modified but I am having problems modifying it.
 s2 = r2.Address(1, 1, xlA1, True)
I wish to use VLOOKUP to use a value in Column A in both worksheets and find the value in column E.

No matter what I try the data range is:
=IF($A2="","",IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($A2,'GPS Coordinates for Inspection'!$A$3:$B$2526,5,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP($A2,'GPS Coordinates for Inspection'!$A$3:$B$2526,5,FALSE)))
I have been unable to modify the code to use $A$3:$E$2526.

Any help would be appreciated,

David

Answer
David,

This determines the address of the table:

Set r2 = sh2.Range("A2", sh2.Cells(sh2.Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp))

It could be written

Set r2 = sh2.Range("A2", sh2.Cells(sh2.Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp))

and then it would be more obvious what to change.  So to go to E you could do

Set r2 = sh2.Range("A2", sh2.Cells(sh2.Rows.Count, "E").End(xlUp))

or

Set r2 = sh2.Range("A2", sh2.Cells(sh2.Rows.Count, 5).End(xlUp))

Let me know if that didn't answer your question.

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy