Excel/Assistance with Conditional Formatting for showing the critical path

Question
LongestPath
LongestPath  
Facts:

I have the following sheet (see drawing) where in:
Column B describe the activities/task
Column C describe the duration of the task
Column D-E-F describe the path, for example:

Path 1 includes the tasks: 1-2-3 and 9
Path 2 includes the tasks: 1-2-4-9
Path 3 includes the task: 1-2-5-6-7-8-9

In cell D2 I have inserted the formula which I use in cell D3 (=SUMPRODUCT(D5:D13,$C$5:$C$13))
I did this also for cell E2 and F2

In cell H3 I use the formula =MAX(D3:F3) to determine the longest path (In this case: path 3)

What I want:
Based on the longest path (path 3), I want that the cells in column A should fill “red” of the tasks which are on the longest path. In this case, the cells A5 (task 1 in cell B), A6 (task 2), A9 (task 5), A10 (task 6), etc

I am trying with the IF function, but no success so far.

Thanks in advantage
Best regards
Ellerd

Answer
In cell H3 enter

=MATCH(H2,D2:F2) + 2

Select A5:A13.

From Excel menu, choose Home, Conditional Formatting, New Rule, Use a formula to determine which cells to format, Format values where this formula is true:

=offset(A5,0,$H$3)=1

Format, Fill, [red], OK, OK
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Stuart Resnick