Excel/counting colored cells using VBA

Question
hi again (!) Stuart!

to describe the problem.... I successfully found how to count colored cells by Googling the matter. The Google writer provided the VBA code.

My question can be best understood if I can send you an attachment, so your email address is needed.

A typical formula given is =colorfunction($A7,$D7:$G12,FALSE).
I applied it to the whole range, D7:G12, and I got correct answers for all the 5 colors I used.

Here's the problem: While toying around with the formulas, before I knew what was happening...EVERY SINGLE COUNT DISAPPEARED AND IN ITS PLACE I SAW "#NAME?" IN EVERY CELL WHERE A MOMENT EARLIER THERE WERE THE CORRECT NUMBERS!

To make things worse, I could not undo!

I hope you can help.

Thanks

Chris

Answer
Please email randomstu at gmail dot com. Attach the file itself. In the body of the email, reference specific sheet and cell(s) that illustrate the problem, and very clearly explain (using those specific cells as an example) what the correct values should be.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Stuart Resnick