Excel/excel

Question
Mr. Ogilvy, Using excel versions 2007/2010, Attendant trial spreadsheet.  I am using a main list, I am trying to copy information to other sheets in the workbook based on specific criteria.  On sheet 2(named: close), I would like the information copied from the main list based on only closed clients.  I specifically need the attendant name, att phone and Client name copied to the closed sheet.  I would also like to separate the active client information to sheet 3(named: active).  I will attempt to attach an example workbook to this.  Thank you. Diane

Answer
Diane,

You can't attach workbooks.

As far as doing what you want to do, you could use the advanced filter, you could use formulas or you could use.   For both a macro and a filter, you would have to execute or run it.

With formulas, they will update whenever there is a calculation.  

Filters and macros work if you want to do this say one time.  If you will be adding data or changing from active to closed and so forth, then you might want to use formulas.

A fourth way is to use a pivot table.  This might be the easiest way.  

If you want to send me your sample workbook and explain what method you want to use, I can advise you.  

Send to twogilvy@msn.com

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy