Excel/Excel Import

Question
Hi All,

I'm not quite sure what's going wrong here.  I've got data in CSV that should equate to about 3 excel sheets.  I have used the import function in data, which works fine for the 1st sheet, but then when I go to the 2nd sheet and use "skip column" for each of the columns to exclude the previously imported data on the 2nd sheet, it looks like it is about to import the data, but nothing has been imported.  Any thoughts?

I do "data from text", select "all files" and choose the one I want, "next", check "comma" and deselect "tab", click "next", highlight all columns and select "do not import column (skip)" then "finish".  The spinning circle looks like it is doing something, but then nothing gets imported to "sheet 2"

Answer
Hi Richard,

If you select all columns and select skip, then you are effectively telling excel not to import anything, so the screen will naturally turn up blank.
If I have misunderstood your question, can you send some screenshots of the steps and problem so I can help better.

Hope this helps,
Thanks,
Gulshan.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

GULSHAN PURSWANI