Excel/If formua

Question
If formula?

I'm trying to enter a formula in F1, if the words from D1 are found anywhere from E1 through E300 then leave the cell blank, if not then leave text from D1,(non case sensitive).

Thanks in Advance

Answer
Sid,

If you have a list of words in D1 and you are trying to check the individual words, then this approach would not be appropriate.  But If you have a phrase/string in D1 and you want to check if it appears as a substring of any cell in E1 to E300 then you could do

=if(countif($E$1:$E$300,"*"&D1&"*")>0,"",D1)

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy