Excel/Formula

Question
I need to create a formula to create pricing for a couple different scenarios ex.

I have 5 or less I need the price to be $150 if I have 6-10 I need to formula to reflect the price of $175.

Basically the cost is for 5 or less, then 6-10 then, 11-15 items.  I just want to make the cost see the greater than/ less than count and multiply at the cost for that amount.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Two methods spring to mind - with a three way cost, a nested if statement would be one way, but do it largest first smallest last

=if(quantity>15,cost3,if(quantity>10,cost2,if(quantity>5,cost3,cost4)))

Alternatively, you could use vlookup with the match value set to TRUE.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Aidan Heritage