Excel/Hide/ Unhide Checkboxes in Excel 2007

Hi Aidan!

I have a short question in regards of hiding/ unhiding checkboxes in Excel 2007.
In my sheet I have values in column I and J which are disappearing according to my selection. It can be between 5 and 70 lines. In column K I would like to add a checkbox which should only appear if a value is shown in the corresponding line in column I and J and disappear if there are no values.
I have tried different forums but I couldn't find a proper solution for it.
Maybe you could help me.

excel 2007 is a version I don't currently have access to which may make this difficult to answer - do you have an example sheet I could see - this may help me to determine if I can come up with a solution for you - my GUESS would be that some form of data validation would work - my direct email is
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions from 2 onwards. I'm based in the UK, so please allow for time differences when asking me questions from other parts of the world!

My background is in the insurance industry and call centre areas, but have been called upon to provide many varied solutions.

I'm educated to UK A level standard, but as I left school some 30 years ago that is rather irrelevent - university of life has provided more of a background!