Excel/Including printing instructions in a macro

Question
Hi Tom

I have a macro in my personal workbook that formats a downloaded spreadsheet in a particular way, and now I would like to add printing instructions to that macro.  What I need to do is capture the print area (which will change each time the spreadsheet is downloaded from Navision), choose the landscape orientation, and then print the spreadsheet.  I have tried to record this, but the recording is putting in a definate print area, ie A1 to I23, even though I used the Shift End Arrow Down commands to highlight the print range.  The print area will be a different length each time I download the spreadsheet (although the width will be the same (A to I).  Do you know some code which will do this?

Thanks

Gail

Answer
Gail,

Sub ABC()
Dim r As Range
Set r = Range("A1:I" & Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row)
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = r.Address(1, 1, xlA1, True)
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.Orientation = xlLandscape
AcitveSheet.Printout
End Sub

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy