Excel/Change format of a destination sheet to be different from the origin sheet.

Question
Hi Tom,

Yesterday you wrote this code for me and I found that it works. However it copies also the format from the original sheet to the destination sheet. Is there a way to add to the code for it to not copy the formatting or to maybe change the formatting to a desired type. For example in the original sheet it is bold and in 12pt where as I would like it to not be bold and 10pt in the destination sheet.

the code is:

Sub Consolodate()

Dim shDest As Worksheet, shSource As Worksheet
Dim lastrow As Long, r As Range
Set shDest = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Consol.")
Set shSource = ActiveSheet
Set r = shSource.Range("C6:C18")
r.Copy
lastrow = shDest.Cells(shDest.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row + 1
shDest.Cells(lastrow, "A").PasteSpecial Transpose:=True
Application.CutCopyMode = False

End Sub

Thank you

Regards

M

Answer
Monique,

it would probably be easiest to just format the destination sheet the way you want it and then not copy the format.  

Sub Consolodate()

Dim lastrow As Long, r As Range
Set shSource = ActiveSheet
Set r = shSource.Range("C6:C18")
r.Copy
shDest.Cells(lastrow, "A").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Transpose:=True
Application.CutCopyMode = False

End Sub

Let me know if you want to apply formatting instead of this approach

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy