I am working on a project for school. I am struggling to come up with the best way to do this:

Sheet 1 is my Master. It list all the companies that are indicated on the other sheets.

I would like to
A: click on a company name on page one and have it take me to that sheet

When I am on that sheet (the company page)
cell E20 is the average of cell E2:E19 (THIS WORKS)
What I can not do is when I enter a value in cell A2 if that value is equal to cell E20 I want it to be one color and if it is not equal I want it to be another color.

I can not get this to work.

Being able to click on the company is not really that important but I thought it might give my project a bit extra. My main problem is the second one where I need the cell to change color after I enter a value.

Hi Amanda,

For the click you can use the HYPERLINK function. say your sheetnames start on cell A2 going down. In B2 enter this formula:

=HYPERLINK("#'" & A2 & "'!A1","Click to goto Sheet " & A2)

For the coloring you would use the Conditional formatting option, which you can find on the Home tab of the ribbon.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Jan Karel Pieterse

Excel and Excel/VBA questions

Excel MVP

Self employed Excel developer

Bachelor in Chemical Engineering

Microsoft MVP award since 2002

Shell, Fortis bank, ABN-AMRO bank, Morgan Stanley, ...