Excel/Excell courser

QUESTION: In Excell when we move a cursor on right or left side of page it highlights only the cell, how we can highlight the full row while we are moving up/down or R/L?

ANSWER: Hello Sarfraz,

The purpose of a cursor is to highlight only the current selection. Normally, you work with one cell at a time and move left / right. Therefore, cursor selects only one cell at a time.
If you want to edit a range of cells, only then you select the whole row / column.

What is it you are trying to achieve by moving the cursor in form of a range of highlighted cells.

QUESTION: I know this, but if we are in column A Row 1, and we want to see the cell 1:Z and so on the whole row should be highlighted while we are moving through out the rows from 1 to onward.

is it possible?

ANSWER: Hi Sarfraz,

If you really want that, it can only be done using a macro.
Please paste the below macro in your file's visual basic editor screen and then excel will always select the entire row when moving across cells.

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
End Sub

Hope this helps.

QUESTION: It works but,,,,the horizontal movement of courser is not working and the typing in cells as well.

Hi Sarfraz,

This will select the entire row. If you want to be able to edit the data, just press tab or enter key to move across the range, macro will allow you to do that. If this doesn't serve your purpose, then I can suggest another approach given below:
Instead of selecting the whole row, just highlight the row in a particular colour.

Let me know if you are fine with that and I'll create a macro and send it across.

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

I can answer questions related to the following topics: 1. MS Excel - Creating and Linking Formulae, Running Pivot Tables, Vlookup etc. 2. Macros / VBA - Creating Macros to do specific jobs. Importing / Exporting / Validating Data in excel through Macros.

I've been working on excel for over 10 years and on VBA macros for over 3 years now.

Bachelor of Commerce, Chartered Accountant from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India