Excel/expanding an if/and formula

Hi Tom

My formula says if cell 340 is equal to 101 and cell ef337 is equal to cell ba10 return whatever is written in cell EF340.

I would like to add several more if conditions and outcomes to this formula.

So if:
ec340=102 the formula returns en340
ec340=103 the formula returns ev340
ec340=104 the formula returns fd340
ec340=105 the formula returns fl340
ec340=106 the formula returns ft340

Can this be achieved in a single formula?

Thanks in advance.

Chris Mitchell

Chris Mitchell,

One way if the condition $EF$337=$BA$10  governs all further tests then

the first formula will return #Value if EC340 does not contain a value in the range (101 - 106)
so if you want it to return False under that condition like your original formula and the second formula then you can do

Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.