Hi Bob,

I am a navy recruiter who uses excel a lot. I am really trying to simplify my workbooks so there is less for me to do. I am using Excel 2010 and the first thing I am trying to do is create a pop-up calendar so that I can click on a certain range of cells and be able to click certain dates. But I run into the problem because the version I have is really difficult to do this. The second thing I am trying to do is use information from a height and weight chart to effect cells on another sheet. For instance for applicants we have to have their max weight on our applicant log which is based on their height. So instead of having to look it up every time, I want to be able to enter the height for male or female and it automatically populates their max weight. Is this even doable.

Thanks for your help.

There's a datepicker you can download from http://www.rondebruin.nl/win/addins/datepicker.htm which will put in a mouse right-click date picker command (free).
If you send me your email (or reach me at bobumlas@hotmail.com) and send a sample height/weight chart and how you'd like to implement this, I can show you the formula -- likely a VLOOKUP.
Use AllExpertsQ as the subject line when you email me.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Bob Umlas

I`m a Microsoft Excel MVP (Most Valuable Professional) and have been since the inception of the program in 1995. I can answer every kind of Excel question except: API, Importing/exporting to other programs (powerpoint, word,...) Also check out my in-person training link at http://www.thumbtack.com/ny/new-york/excel-training/

Worked with MS Excel since version 0.99 (on the Mac!). Was contributing editor to Excellence Magazine, having written >300 articles. John Walkenbach said of me "I finally met someone who knows as much about Excel as I do."

Excellence, The Expert, Microsoft

BA in math, Hofstra University, 1965

Led sessions for the Convergence 2004-2006 seminar on Excel tips & tricks