Excel/pivot table

Question
pivot
pivot  
Dear Sir,

please see the attached table

i wish to create a pivot table such that i can easily view the records. probably i would only need the name, the country and the number of rooms

i try to create a pivot table but seems like it is not organised. i want to be able to click, for example, john, and the pivot table will be able to show me how many rooms and nights he stayed and booked

can i trouble you to show me a step by step instruction to creating the pivot table?

thanks a lot

Answer
Hi Chin,

Have you tried working with Data - Filter - Auto filter.
Looks like what you need can be handled using filters.
You can just select John and see the number of rooms in different lines.

Alternatively, if you want totals only, then you can try using Sub totals on this data where the subtotals get added at every change in the name.

Hope this helps.

Gulshan.  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

GULSHAN PURSWANI