Excel/Pivot values and defaulting

I work with multiple pivot tables and for the values I use sum and currancy for everything.   Is there a way to default to sum and currancy instead of count and number?  I end up going into the field settings for every value I need and changing it to sum and currancy and at times I have 30-40 to change and it takes a long time.   I know there has to be a way to default the settings but I cannot seem to find it.  Can you help?

I'm not aware of any way to do it - but it sounds as though you may be re-using pivot tables on a daily basis - if so, setting them up once with a dynamic named range as the data source could be the way to go - perhaps with a macro to refresh each table?  This article explains how excel chooses what to default to.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions from 2 onwards. I'm based in the UK, so please allow for time differences when asking me questions from other parts of the world!

My background is in the insurance industry and call centre areas, but have been called upon to provide many varied solutions.

I'm educated to UK A level standard, but as I left school some 30 years ago that is rather irrelevent - university of life has provided more of a background!