Excel/VLOOKUP and place results in separtate sheet

Hello, Tom;
I have a workbook with several worksheets. On Sheet1, cell G10 as a data validation of a list, with TRUE, FALSE. On Sheet2, sheet 3, etc, cells K4 have a simple formula. If Sheet1 cell G10 is true, make the labor rate $110. If cell G10 is false, make the rate $90. Here's the current statement. =IF('Sheet1'$G$10,110,90). Now the state has changed our requirements, and we have 52 counties all with different labor rates. On Sheet1, I'm going to use cells AA5-AC58 to fill in each county in column AA, the first labor rate for that county in row AB, and the second labor rate in column AC. I know I can use aVLOOKUP for this, (or maybe a named range?) but it's been a while since I've worked in Excel. Here's what I'd like to accomplish: I'd still like cell G10 to be a true/false. In cell G11, I'd like a pull down menu with a list population of cells AA5-AA58, for the county names. Then on sheet2, I'd like a statement that says VLOOKUP, Sheet1 cell G11 from(AA5:AC58), IF Sheet1 G10 is true, then choose the appropriate row from column AC, IF false, then choose the appropriate row from column AB. I've really gotten myself lost, and would appreciate any help you can offer.
Thank you

in G11 you would choose data validation and select the list option.  In the resulting textbox you would type in

that will give you the list of counties.

on sheet2 in K4

=IF(AND(Sheet1!$G$10<>"",Sheet1!$G$11<>""),VLOOKUP(Sheet1!$G$11,Sheet1!$AA$5:$AC$58,IF(Sheet1!$G$10,3,2), FALSE),"")

That worked for me.

Tom Ogilvy  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.