Excel/Basic Excel Formulas

Question
I'm trying to copy a formula from one cell to a number of others.  The formula copies correctly, but the result is not correct.  It's giving me the result from the first cell.  Obviously I'm not an advanced user.  What am I doing wrong?

Answer
What is the formula? When you copy a formula it should update the cell references, so if you have

=SUM(A1:A10)

And you copy that formula and paste it into column B, it will update the formula to

=SUM(B1:B10)

Be sure to visit my web site and watch my FREE 90-minute Microsoft Excel Video Tutorial

Cordially,
Richard Rost
599CD Computer Training  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Richard Rost