Excel/to change by percent

Question
hi Sixthsense
sorry to bother you ( hope i explain this well) i have an excel sheet as a price list and i have about 40 cells with separate prices in each of them, is it possible for me to reduce or increase those prices by "percent" just by typing that percent in a separate empty cell thanks.
regards Rick

Answer
Hi Rick,

Thanks for sending your question on my way.

Assume that your first Row contains Column headers and your data is starting from 2nd row....

Column-D is Price
Column-E is column we use it for entering discount
In Column-F Discount Price (Arrived Using Formula)
In Column-G DiscountED Price (Arrived Using Formula)

In D2 cell
150

In E2 cell
5

In F2 cell
=D2*E2

In G2 cell
=D2-(D2*E2)

Drag the formula's down to the remaining cells.

Hope that helps!

---

Sixthsense
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Sixthsense